The other night I was writing down all the places I’ve traveled to each year, at least from what I can remember and while in 2015 I didn’t go especially far, I did go a lot of place and I got to do a lot of things on my bucket list. Some of the places were new to me and some were beloved and I returned to them as an old friend. So without further waiting, let’s count them down or recap them (It’s SOOOO hard to play “favorites”)
- Jumping off South Point in Hawaii (40ft jump off a cliff into the Pacific Ocean at the Southern most point of the non-contiguous United States)
- Skydiving in Byron, CA (about 90 minutes outside of San Francisco across the bay)
- Visiting my Grandfather’s Dorm at Yale
- Hiking Muir Woods (even though I can’t read a trail map apparently).
- Seeing the Grand Canyon (honestly something I didn’t think I would see until much further in the future)
- Ziplining over waterfalls and lava tubes in Hawaii
- Midnight swim at Barton Springs in Austin
- Catching some waves in Hawaii (even if they weren’t pretty and I got called a kook)
- FINALLY getting to the Greenbelt in Austin even though I lived there for 3 years…..
- Having a rental car in Vegas, Connecticut, San Francisco and Hawaii (this may sound dumb but having the ability to drive wherever I wanted was really a major plus- I wasn’t limited by uber or buses)
- Standing in two states at once (Nevada and Arizona at the Hoover Dam)
- Getting PADI, ASA and Vet Tech Certified (now I can hold lots of jobs all over the world and you know, save animals’ lives!!)
- Starting my travel blog to write down all my memories of travel
- Becoming a brand Ambassador for a GREAT outdoor clothing company NO&YO
- 36 hours in Austin, Llano and Fredericksburg with my pugs
2015 has been one of the most exciting years of my life. I definitely didn’t get to go everywhere I would have like but I have a goal of saving money to move abroad in a little over 9 months so unless work paid for it, I had to keep everything small.